Do you have a pair of shoes with tired old soles ready to be made new again? All they need are pretty pom pom shoe clips to give them a new spring to their step.
It’s not like the poms will cover up your entire shoe, it’s that they give them new life. After all that’s all you’re looking for.
Choose any color you want for your shoe clips. Mix and match, try out different textures and even sizes.
Once you get a whole collection going, then you can interchange your shoe clips for different pairs of shoes and different occasions; from formal to casual this is one fun fashion accessory!
How to Make Pom Pom Shoe Clips
Stuff you’ll need:
- Needle and Thread
- Clip-on earrings
- Small, circular object
Follow these directions to learn how to make a pom. Remember to make two… one for each shoe!
- Trace circles onto your fabric (do a total of 10)
- Cut out the circles
- Fold each circle in half
- Fold the folded circle in half a second time
- Stack and keep the circles all in one direction
- Insert needles through the tips of the stacked fabric circles
- Pull the needle all the way through and tie off the thread
- Sew the earring to the back of the pom pom
- Fluff up the pom to make it puffier
- Don’t forget to make two, one for each shoe right?
Shoe clips are so much fun because you can easily clip them to any pair of shoes to get a whole new look. I’m dying to try these on my leopard print flats next.
Do you have a pair of shoes that could use a pom pom shoe clip makeover? If so, get to work and transform your shoe closet today.