I hope you guys enjoyed yesterday’s giant painted clothespin tutorial. I decided to take it a step further and create a clothespin with a bit of bling. After all, a girl could always use a bit more sparkle in her life. Right?!!
Wanna to add a touch of gold to your office space with this clever noteholder?
HERE’S THE HOW TO:
Stuff You’ll Need:
- Giant clothespin
- Glitter adhesive (I used Martha Stewart’s Glittering Glue.)
- Decoupage sealer (I used Martha Stewart’s Decoupage Glue and Sealer.)
Note: You can find oversized clothespins in your craft store (check in the woodworking section). I’ve also seen them on Amazon. Find one with flat edges on the bottom so that it will stand upright on its own.
1. Take the clothespin apart.
2. Coat the clothespin with the glitter adhesive. Then, sprinkle on the glitter. You should glitter one side of the clothespin at at time and wait for it to dry before moving onto the next side.
3. After all sides have been glittered, apply the decoupage sealer to hold the glitter in place. Nothing makes glitter more annoying than having it get everywhere. This step makes sure it will stay where you want it… on the clothespin.
4. Put your clothespin back together, and that’s all there is to it!
I love how these two just go so well together. Don’t you think they make a perfect couple? 😉
Did you like this glitter tutorial? If so, be sure to check out the glitter heart pin tutorial as well.